Minimize Your Migraine
People from all around the world suffer from migraine, or surely get headaches! The pain tends to spoil our day or mood, not allowing us to feel fresh or be productive. Sometimes, symptoms of migraine include vomiting, nausea or dizziness. We may also tend to feel more sensitive towards light or noise. Let us not waste our time or energy anymore behind fighting migraines, but instead learn and implement some yogic techniques into our daily lifestyle.
1. Uttanasana (The Standing Forward Bend)
2. Marjaryasana and Bitilasana (The Cat and Cow)
3. Paschim Namaskarasana (The Reverse Prayer Pose)
4. Shant Sarovarasana (The Peaceful Lake)
The Bhastrika Pranayama is the most powerful of all pranayama techniques as it combines the Kapalbhati and Ujjayi systems within it. It is specifically suggested by Ayurveda and Yogis to manage and keep migraine attacks to the minimum.
Mudras are hand movements or gestures and can be very helpful to get rid of your migraine. They can be performed anywhere and at any time! Try these out:
- Akaash Mudra: join the tips of middle finger and thumb finger to form this mudra.
- Gyaan Mudra: join tips of index finger and thumb finger to form this mudra.
- Apaana Mudra: join the tips of middle, ring and thumb finger to form this mudra.
Duration: it is recommended to practise 45 minutes regularly or 15 mins, 3 times a day. Perform them with both of the hands and palms facing upwards.