Updated in May 2021
We want everyone who is associated with us, volunteers with us, becomes a member or attends our events, to feel confident and comfortable with how any personal information you share with us will be looked after or used.
This Policy explains when, how and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, are on our mailing list or attend our events, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, being on our mailing list or by attending our events, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com .
Sites covered by this Privacy Statement
Links to non- Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur websites
EU CITIZENS’ DATA – GDPR
Your marketing preferences
Your rights and your personal data
- Access to your personal information: You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing, and provide us with evidence of your identity.
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
- Consent: If you have given us your consent to use personal information (for example, for marketing), you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
- No automated-decision making: Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We do not carry out any automated decision-making.
Collection of personal information
To serve you better and understand your needs and interests, srmd.org collects, exports, and uses personal information with adequate notice and consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, when applicable. For example, when you order products or services, apply for instant credit, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, register yourself or our subscriptions or products, enter contests or participate in surveys, or apply for Seva at srmd.org, we will ask you to provide personal information to complete these transactions. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address; financial information such as your credit card number; and other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and Seva interest data.
If you choose to use a tell-a-friend program on our website, we will ask you for your friend’s e-mail address and automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting your friend to visit the website. srmd.org uses and stores this information only for the purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and to provide tell-a-friend message blocking, where available.
In addition to the information you provide, srmd.org may also collect information during your visit to an srmd.org website through our Automatic Data Collection Tools, which include Web beacons, cookies, embedded Web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at an srmd.org website. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, clickstream behavior (i.e. the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with srmd.org websites) and product information. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers use IP addresses to communicate on the Internet, allowing users to browse and shop. Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur may also use some of these.
Automatic Data Collection Tools in connection with certain emails sent by us and therefore may collect information using these tools when you open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
The information srmd.org collects from its commercial sources may be used along with the information srmd.org collects when you visit websites of srmd.org. For example, we may compare the geographic information acquired from commercial sources with the IP address collected by Automatic Data Collection Tools to derive your general geographic area.
Shrimad Rajchandra Ashram, Dharampur is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its on-line users’ personal information. Please read the following policy to understand the rules and procedures followed by Shrimad Rajchandra Ashram, Dharampur in handling personal information provided to us over the internet.
How we use your information
- assist you in completing a transaction or order;
- prevent and detect fraud or other malicious activity;
- communicate with you about products and services;
- provide service and support;
- update you on new services and benefits;
- provide personalized promotional offers;
- select content to be communicated to you;
- personalize some of our websites pages for you;
- allow you to participate in contests and surveys; and
- contact you for market research regarding our products or services.
We will not share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
The testimonials posted on our Web site are only posted with the expressed permission of the individual or company who provided that testimonial, subject however to the verification by the WebSevaks team of the Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit decision is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
How we share your information
Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Statement. Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur shares personal information in the following ways:
Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur with marketing and Spiritual communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, providers of customer support and live-help, email service providers, automated data processors, and shipping agents etc. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential the information received on behalf of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur will require the export of your personal information to other Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur syndicate members or sister Trust/entities in India and Worldwide in accordance with this Statement to satisfy your request. Such export is a requirement of providing the information to Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur.
Except as described in this Statement, Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur will not share the personal information you provide to Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur with third parties not associated with-the Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur third parties without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur Devotees, followers, employees and third parties on Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur property.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur decides inter alia to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its entities in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is the practice of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampurto seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
We use both, session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier and secured for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close you browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s ‘help’ file. Reference for cookies can be found at http://www.cookiecentral.com.
We use session cookies to store the secure session and browsing preferences of the user. We set a persistent cookie to store your username and interests so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited. Cookies are used in shopping cart to enable enhanced security and ensuring there is no URL based spamming.
Keeping your personal information secure
When collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as credit card number or password) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Amendment of Policy
Gujarat, India – 396050